Monday 21 June 2010

Monday

Today shall be the last Monday I ever dread, the last one that I walk around with the 'ump, the last Monday I look at the people around me and scowl. Yes, that's right - it's the last Monday here at my job. Two days left and I'm officially retired from the world of Visual Merchandising. Yippeee. I was thinking of writing a letter and leaving it on the notice board in the kitchen (actually, I stole this idea from a colleague that hates this place too). It would go something like this...

Actually, I better not. It's a bit naughty and has swear words in and I'm trying to be professional.

I am a little sad at leaving although I haven't really told anyone this. I'll be sad to leave behind some very good friends (although I know that they will soon be following me in leaving this place for something tons better), I have laughed a lot and cried quite a bit, had my heart broken, had it repaired and then broken again, I've had arguments and hissyfits, I've thrown things, smashed a light bulb, called in sick when I was fine, called in sick when I couldn't move after drinking The White Heart dry, stolen a biro and some paper for my printer at home (DON'T TUT, WE'VE ALL DONE IT), concocted a plan to get on the roof to throw waterbombs at passers by (childish, I know), been told off for a very high phone bill (all work, honest)....oh the memories.

Still, I'll be my own boss from Wednesday so I can do all these things and more AND I won't get told off.

In the words of my dear friend, Carl.... 'Sick'.

No comments:

Post a Comment